Friday, March 15, 2013

Potatoes!


I am a Mexican-American who, of course, love Mexican food. My first thought when I decided to become vegan was that it was going to be torture because I would have to cut out traditional Mexican food that not only was delicious but was part of my culture. That same day, I got home and my mom showed me what was for dinner (Twice a week I come home late but dinner is really as an upside!). Now I hadn't planned on going completely vegan that day because I hadn't planned my new diet yet. But I was ecstatic when I saw one of my favorite Mexican dishes, Papas Locas con Rajas (Wild potatoes with Poblano Peppers). It consists of of wild potatoes from Mexico but you can substitute with whatever potatoes you like, poblano peppers, tomatoes, onion, garlic, and some salt oh and  my mother adds hot salsa to add zing.
The picture above shows the leftovers from dinner. The rice still had bouillon but I found a substitute for it afterwards (Better Than Bouillon No Chicken Base). I wouldn't recomment eating too much potato but it was a good starter for my road to becoming vegan. Want the recipe? Let me know.

No comments:

Post a Comment