Tuesday, March 12, 2013

Oatmeal Ordeal

http://www.carbloverlady.com/im-whey-into-this-oatmeal/

So I didn't have time to take a picture of my breakfast this morning but this is pretty much what it looked like (Thank you carbloverlady.com). I should clarify that this is the first time I've had oatmeal like this since I was a kid. I hated it then and I hated it now. I thought I had exaggerated the memory of how much i disliked it in the past, but alas, I really didn't :( My sister insists that I made it wrong and promises to make me some this weekend so we'll see how it goes.

I have to say that I'm proud of myself for even trying it and want to emphasize the OPEN-MINDED ATTITUDE that anyone going vegan has to have. I am going to try all kinds of foods I turned away in the past and some I've never even heard of. I won't like all of them but the point to figure out a diet that work for me!

RECIPE:
Quaker Instant Oatmeal
Organic Soy Milk (original Flavor) ALDI Fit & Active
Cinnamon (depends on how much you like, I used a couple pinches)
2-3 cut strawberries (not my first choice fruit since they aren't in season locally but all we had)

I boiled the milk and added it to the oatmeal which I had already sprinkled with cinnamon. I let it sit for a couple minutes then stirred and added strawberries. What did I do wrong?! TELL ME!! Anyway...I was kind of wary of soy milk because of its estrogen-like components that have might cause negative effects on  your reproductive system. Studies (which are mostly funded by dairy companies) are ongoing and I'm think that if you don't drink more than a cup or two a day its not a big deal. I've tried almond milk before but I think I got a flavored one and thought it was too sweet. Might try another brand. I also want to buy agave nectar which can be used as a substitute for honey and is really tasty too. Questions? Suggestions?

No comments:

Post a Comment